Thursday, April 28, 2022

WOW!!! STORMY!!! WOW!!!

 WOW!!! What has gotten into Stormy lately?

Remember how I was always saying that Stormy was the slowest horse on the planet and he didn’t really care about pleasing me? Well, I am here to tell you times are changing. We have been working really hard these past few months and I am seeing amazing results! While driving, Stormy can not only keep a trot, he canters beautifully for as long as I wish and he now completes a mile in about 20 minutes! FANTASTIC! Stormy is only about 31 inches tall and weighs 150 pounds.


So what have we changed? I thought you’d never ask!

For starters I have finally found a feed program that really works for him and one that he likes. He has always been a picky eater so finding something that keeps his attention on food is huge. We have been doing tons of ground work, he has a fresh clip job, a new bit, and I have a new whip. I think his old bit might have been holding him back some. When I would drive him in it he seemed confused on what I was asking OR maybe he was too sensitive for that bit OR maybe he didn’t like it OR maybe he was just being a brat. I’m really not sure what it was but he LOVES his new one. He is much more respectful now than he has ever been. I think one of the biggest things too is age. He just had his birthday, so another year behind him and boy has he matured nicely in the last several months. He has always been the most blonde/immature horse I have known, but WOW! I think he has finally realized that he is stuck with me so he tries hard to please me. Finally he is actually trying to please me, woohoo! He is building up muscle by carting me around in my heavy Aerocrown and doing a lot of work in thick grass.


Look at him now, he is coming along beautifully!


Stormy