Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Day

 Since Dave left for a trip today I took Stormy to TRT Main Park for a Christmas drive. Dave usually works every Christmas so I am usually out with horses doing something fun. Luckily it turned out to be a beautiful day with a high of 50 degrees. I was debating whether I should drive Stormy or Breezy at the park today and decided to take Stormy for a nice and relaxing drive plus I didn’t want to over do it with Breezy. And I am so glad I took Stormy! A man’s German shepherd got off its leash and ran straight for us. I saw it coming and quickly got out of the cart. Stormy handled it like the little champ he is! He didn’t bolt or do anything stupid, he did flinch but that is to be expected because the dog was in his face after all. My neighbors dog is always charging the fence barking at the horses, so Stormy is desensitized to this, but when it happens away from home and with unfamiliar dogs you just never know how things will turn out. I did get my kicking leg ready and was about to kick the dog but it ended up on the opposite side and the man was pretty quick to retrieve him. I really need to have my mace ready at a moments notice because that could have turned out really bad especially with the bayou having such steep banks right next to the trail. If we started to head down the banks of the bayou we would probably end up in the river, I don’t think Stormy would be able to stop us once we get going down hill, he is just too small. Other than that our drive through the park was fun and uneventful.


Stormy