Wednesday, December 21, 2022

‘Twas the Night Before Christmas

 ‘‘Twas right before feeding, and all through the barn,
Ponies were stirring and raising a ruckus on the farm.


They were jumping and prancing, rearing with wild hair.

With the thought of that sweet hay, soon to be there.


I grab the feed and and buckets a plenty,

While I know that Stormy’s thinking “Criminey, woman. Hurry up already!”


Open the gate and down the aisle they come.

They stop in their tracks while I exclaim, “Hey, where’d that cat come from?”


A little grey kitty came to us in need.

And Riffic’s eyes roll while he thinks, “Oh great, another mouth before me!”


“Come on owner, bring that food over to us!”

“It’s just a cat, what’s all the fuss?”


This little one is special, Storms and Breeze don’t seem to mind.

They nudge her and snuggle her, being very gentle and kind.


You see, two ponies left this year and they’re living on new farms,

Thunder and Nova are out making friends with their sweet charms.


They may be gone but it looks like to me,

One has returned in the form of a sweet kitty.


Coincidence, maybe. But I do believe.

There might have been more to this,

“Hey What was the noise from the eave?”


We rush outside and see the reindeer and sleigh,

Fly away from the barn as we heard him say.


“Welcome the little one back, she will make your heart thump.”

“That sweet kitty is Nova. Not Thunder, the grump.”


Merry Christmas to my wife.

My love, my life.