Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Night Turn Out

Last night was the first night my little kids started night turn out. Their white/pink noses are starting to sun burn, so now they will be inside during the heat of the day. Of course I was a nervous nelly last night, worried sick about them and up at midnight thinking I was hearing dogs barking. So out to the pastures I went, at midnight, to check on everyone. My hubby is such a good sport! And of course everyone was fine and happily munching on grass. I worry about coyotes, but this time of year there is easier critters for them to eat. I will bring the little kids back in at night again starting in the fall. Plus we have really good fencing, cross fencing, and hot wire on top.

The big kids have been on 24/7 turnout, but starting today Scarlett will be on night turn out only. Her nose is getting sun burnt too. So now Riffics will be the only one on 24/7 turnout, unless it gets really hot this summer and I bring him in for a few hours. And of course weather permitting...... they are all spoiled, what can I say?!

I have read the grass at night turn out has lower sugar content so that’s an added bonus.

They must have been partying like rock stars all night long because right after breakfast they all laid down for a nap!



Shadow



Stormy



And Scarlett too!