Sunday, January 2, 2022

Horse Goals for the New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Instead of New Year’s Resolutions, Dave & I always create a “Goal Sheet.” We discuss the thing we want to do in the upcoming year and write it down. It gives us goals to work towards and it is fun when we get to cross things off our list. We only put reachable goals on the sheet, so we are successful in completing those goals. We have sections on finances, things to do to the house/yard, trips we want to take, horses, cars, & planes Oh MY!


My goals for the horses this year are:

*Finish up my van: get it wrapped, add a hie tie, add A/C & heat so I can camp in it

*Take Stormy on short overnight trips so we can work our way up to longer overnight trips

*Take Stormy to Palo Duro Canyon!! This is my biggest one for the year and the one I’m most excited about!! I have been planning it out lately and it will be a 5 day trip!… by myself!!…. well, me & Stormy

*Teach Thunder how to drive a cart over the summer

*Teach Breezy how to drive a cart in the fall, if he is ready…he is a wild child right now LOL LOL

*Take Breezy to some horse shows (just for fun, absolutely no pressure) and hope to WIN a participation ribbon LOL