Sunday, February 5, 2023

Breezy - Wild Child - TRT Main Park

 I thought it would be a good idea to take Breezy to the park today, what the heck was I thinking?! We just had an ice storm where everyone in the city was cooped up in their house for the week and today, a Sunday, it got up to 70 degrees outside… and I thought it would be a good idea to take a green horse to the park! Really?! Not a good idea! The park was completely packed. People everywhere! Kids running around, babies screaming, dogs barking, parents yelling… and I brought a green pony! Breezy hasn’t been to this park in months and has never driven here. He was the perfect horse, completely calm while I harnessed him and hitched him to the bike. But as soon as I got in the bike, watch out! He became a complete WILD CHILD! Well… wild child in my book! Luckily he didn’t do anything stupid, no bucking or rearing, he just took off running and didn’t want to stop. Nervous energy at its finest! It was all I could do to get him to stop for a half a second so I could get out of the bike as I just didn’t have enough leverage in the bike. Once I was out of the bike I felt much more in control. It took about 20 minutes before I could get him to finally calm down, but even still I didn’t trust him completely. I then drove him for an additional 25 minutes, but that wasn’t a continuous drive, that was with me getting in and out of the bike when I thought he was getting nervous or when he was making me nervous. Yikes, what an adventure! When I got home from the park today I told Dave that I think i am going to start wearing a helmet when driving Breezy, better safe than sorry. Never underestimate the power of a mini!!!

Breezy

I will never take my slow, lazy, unfazed pokey trail horse Stormy for granted!

I will never take my slow, lazy, unfazed pokey trail horse Stormy for granted!

I will never take my slow, lazy, unfazed pokey trail horse Stormy for granted!