Monday, May 15, 2023

Breezy - Cedar Lake, Oklahoma

 Wednesday, the night before the trip: I went out to feed and Breezy’s eye was swollen almost shut. Amy, my neighbor vet, came out to look at it and of course it was scratched.

Thursday morning, the day of the trip: I rush off to Burleson Equine to get meds for Breezy’s eye.

Thursday: I finally get everything packed up and ready to go. I load Breezy in the trailer then stop at the house one last time before heading out to double check that I haven’t forgotten anything plus I wanted to check on Gray Kitty too. When I went to give her goodbye kisses she started to freak out. Luckily she was in the kennel. Dave rushed up to the house to see her screaming and throwing herself around. We were both there when she took her last breath, poor baby, I think she died of a blood clot. 

Maybe all of this was I sign I shouldn’t go on my trip. I unloaded Breezy from the trailer while Dave dug Gray Kitty’s grave. We were both in tears, this was so sudden and unexpected. Just the day before she was doing so good and had eaten more than ever. I miss her sweet little face.

I did decide to go ahead and go on my trip and I’m so glad I did. We went to Cedar Lake in Oklahoma May 11-14, 2023. The campground was beautiful but unfortunately the trails were just too rocky for our bikes. We got some rain each night and also Saturday afternoon.


I got the water all packed up LOL




Loaded and ready to go





We got some rain while we were there,
so Breezy spent some time in his stall.




Leisurely drive




Cheers girl!